The operation of changing every particle into its antiparticle.
- ‘The laws of charge conjugation and parity are part of the CPT theorem, where the T is for time.’
- ‘CPT is the combined discrete symmetry consisting of interchanging particles and antiparticles (C, or charge conjugation), reflection in space (P, or parity), and reversal of the direction of time (T, or time reversal).’
- ‘Very general arguments require that the combined transformations of reflection and charge conjugation and time reversal, PCT, must be a symmetry for all physical forces!’
- ‘An important group of these are parity P, charge conjugation C and time reversal T.’
- ‘We examine the broken charge conjugation symmetry model in detail, and conclude that this model is unsuitable for a quantitative fitting of the experimental absorption spectrum.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.