One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A graph showing the relationship between two variable but interdependent quantities.
- ‘Receiver operator characteristic curves are in common use in laboratories.’
- ‘If you plot a characteristic curve of the step wedges you will find quite simply that long wavelength light gives a greater gamma than light of short wavelength.’
- ‘Sensitivity and specificity for the predictors were calculated, and receiver operator characteristic curves constructed.’
- ‘Data were pooled to produce summary receiver operating characteristic curves and summary likelihood ratios for positive and negative test results.’
- ‘Diagnostic accuracy in this context has sometimes been defined with receiver operating characteristic curves and quantified by the area under the curve.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.