One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A graph showing the relationship between two variable but interdependent quantities.
- ‘Data were pooled to produce summary receiver operating characteristic curves and summary likelihood ratios for positive and negative test results.’
- ‘Diagnostic accuracy in this context has sometimes been defined with receiver operating characteristic curves and quantified by the area under the curve.’
- ‘Sensitivity and specificity for the predictors were calculated, and receiver operator characteristic curves constructed.’
- ‘Receiver operator characteristic curves are in common use in laboratories.’
- ‘If you plot a characteristic curve of the step wedges you will find quite simply that long wavelength light gives a greater gamma than light of short wavelength.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.