One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See character dance
- ‘Russell Kerr became the principal character dancer with the London Festival Ballet and danced with this company from 1952-1957 before returning to New Zealand.’
- ‘He never had any formal training as a character dancer, but years of performing have taught him key elements of stagecraft that give his performances their impact.’
- ‘The most important reason for adding Coppelia now was to take advantage of the talents of Stanley Holden, a respected Los Angeles teacher and former principal character dancer with The Royal Ballet.’
- ‘The finest character dancers acquire their stature and enhance their artistry by basing their portrayals on universal human qualities.’
- ‘David's grandfather danced with the Georgian State Company - he was more a character dancer, but didn't teach David that style.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.