One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A style of ballet deriving inspiration from national or folk dances, or interpreting and representing a particular profession, mode of living, or personality. The movements used tend to be less stylized than in classical ballet, allowing greater individual expression and diversity.
- ‘The 70 dancers will be working on creative, contemporary and Polish character dance, classical ballet and modern jazz.’
- ‘Maria Fay had been teaching character dance at The Royal Ballet, and I loved it, so I decided to study ballet with her as well.’
- ‘It was under Hamblin that the ballet department initiated an emphasis in teaching and in character dance.’
- ‘Currently she takes ballet, jazz, tap and national character dance lessons at three north coast dance schools, and she plans to pursue a career in dance in the future.’
- ‘So, the character dance ended with lots of smiles and bravos!’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.