One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The binary code used to represent a letter or number.
- ‘To view these languages properly you will have to change your computer's character code.’
- ‘I recently learned that certain HTML characters or character codes do not necessarily work on - for instance - Mac and Unix browsers.’
- ‘For example on some PCs the character code 130 would display as é, but on computers sold in Israel it was the Hebrew letter Gimel, so when Americans would send their résumés to Israel they would arrive as r sum s.’
- ‘He sent me a tip in e-mail about how to make the degree symbol show up, and eventually I thought to Google ‘ampersand character codes.’’
- ‘I have extended the patch to load user-defined, context-sensitive parse rules for glyphs and character codes as well.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.