One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Resembling or characteristic of the humor or style of the film actor and director Charlie Chaplin.‘Chaplinesque opportunities for slapstick’
- ‘He is forced to live on his wits, but does so with humor and a Chaplinesque charm.’
- ‘There was laughter when he launched himself into a slapstick dance routine that was nothing short of Chaplinesque.’
- ‘The character from children's television is a sad Chaplinesque figure with a droopy walrus mustache and a dusty suit.’
- ‘He has a huge following in the States where his Chaplinesque characters resonate with the old industrial communities on the East Coast.’
- ‘He adds his own bit of subtle comedy with his Chaplinesque body language.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.