One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A common North American freshwater catfish which has a pale blue to olive back with dark spots.
Ictalurus punctatus, family Ictaluridae
- ‘Researchers have identified naturally occurring antibiotics in channel catfish that may be a promising indicator for monitoring fish health in the expanding aquaculture industry nationwide.’
- ‘Genetic research on channel catfish - the most commonly used species - began in the mid-1960s.’
- ‘A slightly longer ride on the eastbound bus, and you could be chasing channel cats and smallies on the Mississippi.’
- ‘Another characteristic of channel catfish is the ability to hear sounds.’
- ‘The twin lakes are stocked with channel catfish, blue catfish, bluegill sunfish and largemouth bass.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.