One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Move from one system or situation to another.‘crop farmers have to change over to dairy farming’
- ‘Finally everything was ready, so he gave the command for the controller to change over to the newest version of the code.’
- ‘After that you change over to synthetic oil for a small gain in power, fuel economy, and engine longevity.’
- ‘I think that, if I ever buy a new computer, I shall grasp the nettle and change over to a decently powerful laptop.’
- ‘Slowly add a little water, stirring with a wooden spoon until it forms a thick, smooth paste, then change over to an electric whisk and beat in the rest of the water.’
- ‘So, until I was able to change over to production, I had to go to all these Critical Studies classes.’
- ‘Each youngster got the chance to be with one business in the morning and then change over to a second one for the afternoon session.’
- ‘And there was me thinking I'd not be changing over to my winter wardrobe until after we'd moved house.’
- ‘Some left-handed people when pressurised to change over to the right hand also tend to develop a stutter or stammer.’
- ‘If we change over to the thumbnail view, then it has a max size of 100 px on a side which is about right for us in terms of limiting size.’
- ‘Employers can change over to euro before that date if they choose, as long as they give prior notice to the Revenue Commissioners.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.