One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Blanch or flush.
blush, redden, go pink, turn pink, go red, turn red, go crimson, turn crimson, go scarlet, turn scarlet, colour, colour up, change colour, crimson, tint, burn upView synonyms
- ‘Then he turned towards the young lady to reproach her, but saw that she had changed colour and her face was pale.’
- ‘His face changes colour and he is visibly angry.’
- ‘His face often changed color with anger, despair, passion and fear.’
- ‘As he warmed to his subject his face changed colour from red to purple.’
- ‘Andrew changed colour and his friend, who was trained in first aid, dragged him off the couch on to the floor checked his airway was clear and started administering resuscitation techniques.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.