Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A long, elaborate dangling earring, typically consisting of various tiers of gemstones, crystals, beads, etc.‘a statement necklace or chandelier earrings can add sophistication to casual attire’
- ‘For accessories, the latest fad is wearing long chandelier earrings.’
- ‘Jeweled chandelier earrings, an enormous faux cocktail ring, scores of rhinestone bracelets - one MAJOR statement-making piece is all it takes.’
- ‘The really long chandelier earrings cascade down your neck, highlighting your neck.’
- ‘Here you can see my niece Gabriela and I rocking our pink chandelier earrings.’
- ‘Show off your neck and bare your shoulders when you wear chandelier earrings, for the sexiest effect.’
- ‘Then there's that mix of old and new: unique pieces that look vintage, such as chandelier earrings.’
- ‘She shines in this white, detailed Chanel gown and Fred Leighton chandelier earrings.’
- ‘Chandelier earrings draw attention to her beautiful features.’
- ‘Indeed, the band leader wore a feather in her beret (charmingly unorthodox in its length and flourish), impressive chandelier earrings, and three-inch heels.’
- ‘And the hot tip for jewelry is chandelier earrings, which look great particularly worn with your hair up to show them off.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.