One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘The main characteristic of my work is the contrast between chanciness and design.’
- ‘The chanciness of anyone's coming-to-be is part of the human condition, like mortality.’
- ‘Seen from the standpoint of ordinary people, the essential theme of the the eighteenth-century experience was not so much achievement as the fragility and chanciness of life.’
- ‘As Garry Wills states, ‘the chanciness of arousal shows the loss of the integrity, the unison, of body and soul’.’
- ‘He likes the chanciness of the San Andreas fault, on which he now lives in California.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.