One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Seen from the standpoint of ordinary people, the essential theme of the the eighteenth-century experience was not so much achievement as the fragility and chanciness of life.’
- ‘As Garry Wills states, ‘the chanciness of arousal shows the loss of the integrity, the unison, of body and soul’.’
- ‘He likes the chanciness of the San Andreas fault, on which he now lives in California.’
- ‘The chanciness of anyone's coming-to-be is part of the human condition, like mortality.’
- ‘The main characteristic of my work is the contrast between chanciness and design.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.