One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘One of the greatest steps forward was made the following year, when two female students entered Beijing University under the chancellorship of Cai Yuanpei, a forceful advocate of equal education.’
- ‘But Stoiber is resolutely on the same side as the Chancellor on the Kirch issue - even though they will be rivals for the chancellorship later this year.’
- ‘Despite the criticisms voiced here and elsewhere, there is little doubt that his chancellorship so far has on balance been remarkably successful.’
- ‘A proof of this is that he has turned down umpteen offers of vice chancellorships.’
- ‘Hitler ascended to the chancellorship, suspended constitutional rights and banned all opposition political parties, sent the Brown Shirts into the streets and issued the first decrees stripping Jews of their rights.’
- ‘Whereupon President Hindenburg appointed Hitler to the chancellorship, and the Nazis started taking over.’
- ‘Prior to his chancellorship, he worked at the school for 10 years as dean, a job his professional and academic credentials helped him snag.’
- ‘Other possible allies include the Netherlands, and possibly Germany, if the centre-right Angela Merkel wins the chancellorship in a general election this autumn.’
- ‘In this respect it has been a splendidly artful chancellorship that has lasted the remarkable length that it has due in large part to our gullibility and our apparent willingness to let him get away with it.’
- ‘Schröder's chancellorship is coming to an end.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.