One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘In any event even if they themselves were a firm of solicitors their agreement would be champertous.’
- ‘The Court of Appeal agreed with the Master that the agreements were not champertous.’
- ‘In our contention the Court of Appeal wrongly regarded the 1993 Act as abolishing more than the consequences in criminal law and in tort of champertous conduct.’
- ‘It is possible, but exceptional, to be able to justify a champertous agreement on the basis of common interest.’
- ‘A champertous agreement was illegal and void, involving as it did criminal conduct.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.