One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Instrumental music played by a small ensemble, with one player to a part, the most important form being the string quartet which developed in the 18th century.
- ‘The piano music, including the chamber music involving piano, comes from all periods.’
- ‘In chamber music, if the violist is sub-standard, you pack up and go home.’
- ‘This is a wonderful original instruments recording of some of Bach's finest chamber music.’
- ‘He began to write more abstractly and concentrated on chamber music and works for small ensembles.’
- ‘This program is open to all instruments, vocalists and chamber music ensembles.’
- ‘Think about how often Mahler himself resorts to chamber music textures in his symphonies: the sounds seem utterly natural most of the time.’
- ‘There are also educational pieces, numerous compositions of chamber music and two concertos.’
- ‘Did this incite you to perform chamber music with musical colleagues?’
- ‘Mostly chamber music gets recorded, because orchestral music costs more to record.’
- ‘I think the tradition has always been that orchestral music is more public and chamber music is more intimate.’
- ‘During his career Chakaryan has toured the world with the best Bulgarian symphony orchestras and chamber music ensembles.’
- ‘Compared to his orchestral works, his chamber music has been neglected by record companies.’
- ‘His compositions comprise mainly chamber music, including string quartets and accompanied keyboard sonatas.’
- ‘I had initially considered violin for its options of orchestral or chamber music.’
- ‘From there, I went into composing film music and also chamber music, something that I do to this day.’
- ‘The beautiful sense of orchestral chamber music the trio brought to the Largo was memorable.’
- ‘They play like two musicians doing chamber music, creating something together.’
- ‘In the world of classical music, string quartets fall into a category known as chamber music.’
- ‘Music Network's chamber music triple bill also features some of Europe's hottest classical stars.’
- ‘Even in chamber music, Beethoven always found a voice for the monumental statement.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.