One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She stares challengingly into the camera lens.’
- ‘What is, on paper, a primarily interior experience, stumbles on film with a clunky visual style that remains merely literal instead of challengingly literary.’
- ‘They don't bash their heads against the divider - they just splay their fins and the little ruff around their neck, and stare challengingly at one another.’
- ‘And, more challengingly still, he wants the security response to take place ‘within rights’ rather than in opposition to them.’
- ‘They gave a touch of delicate beauty to this challengingly inhospitable place.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.