Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A talk or lecture in which the speaker uses a blackboard and chalk.
- ‘More elaborate blackboard economics, aka simulation models, add numerical magnitudes to the chalk talk.’
- ‘His handouts and chalk talks went into detail and complexity that went far beyond what I could use or grasp.’
- ‘A sales motivator, gives a chalk talk to a group of real estate salesmen on the techniques of making a sale.’
- ‘As a link pops up, he delivers a chalk talk on what this interactive approach could mean for building market share.’
- ‘Next week in Colorado Springs, USA Basketball holds its first post-Games chalk talk.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.