One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Assigned to a desk job rather than field duty.
- ‘But I will not listen to the chairborne commandos who tell me that our military cannot defeat the regime.’
- ‘Oh, and I am a chairborne ranger, and as my husband likes to say ‘secretary’.’
- ‘In this we hear the eternal conflict of chairborne and airborne, the gulf forever fixed between those who go and those who stay at home.’
- ‘While these guys are in the 82nd Airborne, you can see that what they write is sure to infuriate the patriots in the 101st Chairborne.’
- ‘After quietly poking around in 16 Army camps and indoctrination centers, the Senate Preparedness subcommittee this week concluded that the Armed Forces still have too many chairborne troops.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.