One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A railroad car with individual seats instead of long benches; a parlor car.
- ‘It was the first class a/c chair car compartment.’
- ‘The reservation scheme, available now only in select trains and primarily in the sleeper class for short-notice travellers, will also be extended to all trains in sleeper, chair car, AC 3-tier and 2-tier classes.’
- ‘An air-conditioned chair car ticket costs Rs.365 and second class, Rs.132, inclusive of catering charges.’
- ‘In the train's single AC chair car coach that accommodates 72 passengers, there were only 10.’
- ‘My first ever trip was in the a/c chair car. 16 hours on board a train is as long and cramped as a trans-continental flight, but yet a memorable experience.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.