One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
See chain drive
- ‘The engine has a cast-iron block and bedplate, aluminum heads, composite manifold and chain-driven, assembled cams with powder metal lobes.’
- ‘The engines - initially built in 1.8L, 2.0L and 2.3L displacements - feature 16-valve heads with chain-driven dohc and sequential variable valve timing on the intake side.’
- ‘The 16-valve has twin, chain-driven, overhead camshafts and hydraulic tappets, while the 8-valve format uses a single camshaft.’
- ‘The second new powerplant, a 4.7-liter Magnum, is a chain-driven, SOHC 12-valve V - 8 that replaces the 5.2-liter version.’
- ‘The all-aluminum 5.6 liter engine features cast-iron cylinder liners, graphite-coated pistons, a microfinished forged-steel crankshaft, chain-driven dual overhead cams, and a structural aluminum oil pan.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.