One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dark gray baboon that lives on the savanna of southern Africa.
- ‘The chacma baboon is a frugivorous species, but leaves also constitute a major part of the diet.’
- ‘During 23 months we observed 110 inter-group interactions involving four groups of chacma baboons in the Okavango Delta, Botswana.’
- ‘In her article, however, she includes the photograph of a young chacma baboon.’
- ‘He also observed chacma baboons at length and he was the father of the scientific study of the behaviour of primates.’
- ‘But the friendships they are concerned with are not those that develop among humans, but rather those of the chacma baboons that inhabit southern Africa's Zambezi region.’
Mid 19th century: from Khoikhoi.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.