Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A server directory where CGI programs are stored.
- ‘For those of you who know something about programming languages, Twiki is an open-source, cgi-bin script written in Perl.’
- ‘Remember that cgi scripts are normally executed from cgi-bin rather than html or htdocs.’
- ‘To set up your cgi-bin folder, click on ‘CGI Programs’ in the ‘CGI directory aliases’ row.’
- ‘In one place it tells you that cgi files can go in any folder that suits; in another, less obvious place, it tells you they may only be placed in cgi-bin.’
- ‘It greatly reduces the complexity of using cgi-bin variables and connecting to databases, and allows programming in an easy-to-learn language within web pages.’
CGI bin/ˌsēˌjēˈī ˌbin/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.