A server directory where CGI programs are stored.
- ‘Remember that cgi scripts are normally executed from cgi-bin rather than html or htdocs.’
- ‘In one place it tells you that cgi files can go in any folder that suits; in another, less obvious place, it tells you they may only be placed in cgi-bin.’
- ‘To set up your cgi-bin folder, click on ‘CGI Programs’ in the ‘CGI directory aliases’ row.’
- ‘It greatly reduces the complexity of using cgi-bin variables and connecting to databases, and allows programming in an easy-to-learn language within web pages.’
- ‘For those of you who know something about programming languages, Twiki is an open-source, cgi-bin script written in Perl.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.