Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A parasitic flatworm of the class "Cestoda"; a tapeworm.
- ‘There are a few parasites of the black crappie, which include many protozoa, trematodes, cestodes, and nematodes.’
- ‘However, among helminth parasites, e.g., trematodes, cestodes, nematodes, and acanthocephalans, this is not the case.’
- ‘The resultant ‘sperm trading’ is known from sea slugs, free-living flat-worms and possibly cestodes and may be widespread.’
- ‘This is surprising because hermaphroditic cestodes may face social dilemma situations that are probably easier to specify than in other systems.’
- ‘The cestodes and lungworms require intermediate hosts for transmission, but all other parasites are transmitted directly from host to host and are therefore likely to be influenced by host social behavior.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.