Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Inflammation of the cervix.
- ‘Chlamydial infection can cause urethritis, cervicitis, pelvic inflammatory disease, and result in ectopic pregnancy, infertility, and chronic pelvic pain in women.’
- ‘Asymptomatic bacteriuria, gonococcal cervicitis and bacterial vaginosis are strongly associated with preterm delivery.’
- ‘In women, gonorrhea is a major cause of cervicitis and pelvic inflammatory disease.’
- ‘One hundred and fifty males with urethritis and 450 women with mucopurulent cervicitis attended the STD clinic during the study period.’
- ‘Conflicting evidence exists regarding the relationship of chlamydial cervicitis and preterm labor.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.