Inflammation of the cervix.
- ‘Chlamydial infection can cause urethritis, cervicitis, pelvic inflammatory disease, and result in ectopic pregnancy, infertility, and chronic pelvic pain in women.’
- ‘In women, gonorrhea is a major cause of cervicitis and pelvic inflammatory disease.’
- ‘Conflicting evidence exists regarding the relationship of chlamydial cervicitis and preterm labor.’
- ‘One hundred and fifty males with urethritis and 450 women with mucopurulent cervicitis attended the STD clinic during the study period.’
- ‘Asymptomatic bacteriuria, gonococcal cervicitis and bacterial vaginosis are strongly associated with preterm delivery.’