One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of cerium in its lower valency (3).
- ‘The amount of cerous chloride is 5% or less, more preferably 2% or less on the basis of the weight of chromic oxide.’
- ‘Cobalt is incorporated into the electrolyte in addition to the cerous ion.’
- ‘Metallic cerium is prepared by metallothermic reduction techniques, such as by reducing cerous fluoride with calcium, or by electrolysis of molten cerous chloride or other cerous halides.’
- ‘Generally cerous salts are yellow to reddish while ceric slats are white.’
- ‘The fluorescence of the cerous ion in aqueous solution has been the subject of a number of studies 1-3.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.