Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Of cerium in its lower valency (3)
- ‘Cobalt is incorporated into the electrolyte in addition to the cerous ion.’
- ‘Metallic cerium is prepared by metallothermic reduction techniques, such as by reducing cerous fluoride with calcium, or by electrolysis of molten cerous chloride or other cerous halides.’
- ‘The fluorescence of the cerous ion in aqueous solution has been the subject of a number of studies 1-3.’
- ‘Generally cerous salts are yellow to reddish while ceric slats are white.’
- ‘The amount of cerous chloride is 5% or less, more preferably 2% or less on the basis of the weight of chromic oxide.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.