One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of cerium in its lower valency (3)
- ‘The fluorescence of the cerous ion in aqueous solution has been the subject of a number of studies 1-3.’
- ‘Cobalt is incorporated into the electrolyte in addition to the cerous ion.’
- ‘Generally cerous salts are yellow to reddish while ceric slats are white.’
- ‘The amount of cerous chloride is 5% or less, more preferably 2% or less on the basis of the weight of chromic oxide.’
- ‘Metallic cerium is prepared by metallothermic reduction techniques, such as by reducing cerous fluoride with calcium, or by electrolysis of molten cerous chloride or other cerous halides.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.