Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Relating to the brain and spine.
- ‘A septic workup, including blood and cerebrospinal cultures, was negative.’
- ‘It is notorious for invading the subarachnoid space and the fourth ventricle early in its course and disseminating promptly through the cerebrospinal pathways.’
- ‘The cerebrospinal analysis shows that the protein was elevated after placing in the intrathecal catheter and administration of chemotherapy.’
- ‘Serial cerebrospinal examinations were then performed to evaluate the effectiveness of treatment.’
- ‘This work established a differential diagnosis for cerebrospinal meningitis, and for it she became the first woman to be awarded the Hutchison Prize of Glasgow University.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.