Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
The working of the brain; thinking.
thinking, line of thought, train of thought, thought, thought process, logic, reason, rationality, analysis, interpretation, explanation, deduction, rationalization, argumentationView synonyms
- ‘I'm happy that you heeded my comments, but they're only the results of lots of experience and some basic common sense, not deep cerebration.’
- ‘What the devil do they think ‘reality’ is if not the product of cerebration?’
- ‘Science and theology will not get us to that point, cerebration is not enough.’
- ‘At the risk of provoking another bout of intense cerebration, I would say: beware of overthinking it.’
- ‘I think sometimes the stereotype of the theologian as all cerebration and no affectivity is accurate-not always by any means, thank God, but sometimes it is true.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.