One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The part of the brain at the back of the skull in vertebrates. Its function is to coordinate and regulate muscular activity.
- ‘The primary sites of toxicity are the central and peripheral nervous systems, with particular toxicity to the cerebellum and motor cortex.’
- ‘The brain includes the cerebral hemispheres, the cerebellum, and the brain stem.’
- ‘These changes were observed in a multifocal distribution involving the white matter of the cerebrum, cerebellum, brain stem, and spinal cord.’
- ‘The vertebrobasilar arteries supply the brain stem, cerebellum, and occipital lobes; the cerebral hemispheres are supplied through the carotid arteries.’
- ‘The voluntary muscles are regulated by the parts of the brain known as the cerebral motor cortex and the cerebellum.’
Mid 16th century: from Latin, diminutive of cerebrum.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.