Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small group of marine invertebrates comprising the lancelets.
- ‘For this reason, the three subphyla, Urochordata, Cephalochordata, and Vertebrata, will be treated separately.’
- ‘The immediate outgroup of craniates, the Cephalochordata, show strong asymmetry during development.’
- ‘The groups Urochordata, Cephalochordata, and Vertebrata are all currently considered chordates, which has a page as well.’
- ‘Although this classification is widely accepted, some authors recognize three chordate phyla: Urochordata for the urochordates, Cephalochordata for the lancelets, and Vertebrata for the vertebrates.’
- ‘Deuterostomia are a major group of metazoans composed of three phyla: Chordata (including three subphyla: Vertebrata, Cephalochordata, and Urochordata), Hemichordata, and Echinodermata.’
Modern Latin (plural), from cephalo- head + Latin khorda cord.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.