One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The center of mass of a geometric object of uniform density.
- ‘The volume ratio for the sphere and cylinder can be derived from first principles without using levers and centroids.’
- ‘When three sides are concurrent, they intersect at the centroid of the triangle.’
- ‘In the first dimension of variation, both of the vectors connecting the subgroup centroids are negatively directed, whereas they are positively directed in the second.’
- ‘Clearly the centroid of the planar region surrounded by the polygon is at point A.’
- ‘But our search of the literature did not uncover these exact formulas involving the centroid, even for three-dimensional space.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.