One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The standard time in a zone that includes the central states of the US and parts of central Canada.
- ‘Tune in to our Northern Alliance show from 12 to 3 today, Central time.’
- ‘Atlantis' astronauts were awakened shortly after 4 a.m. Central time today to begin their ninth day in space.’
- ‘I am almost exactly straight north of Fairwater, which is Central Standard Time.’
- ‘On December 3, 2002, at 8: 37 AM Central time there was another remarkable event when a strobing object came into view.’
- ‘To them, this time of year is a nightmare: After 2 a.m. Sunday, 77 counties will be on Eastern Standard Time, 5 counties will be on Eastern Daylight Time and 10 counties will be on Central Daylight Time.’
- ‘The toll free line is available Monday through Friday from 9: 00-6: 00 pm Central Standard Time.’
- ‘He also said we should turn our watches back one hour, as we would be entering Central Daylight Time when we left this station.’
- ‘Since I'm writing this in the early evening, Central time, of June 30, I can state with some confidence that there has been no ‘darkening of the skies,’ or even one impact, much less three.’
- ‘Here's the description of tonight's program which starts at 9 PM Central time.’
- ‘They're going to have a debate at 10: 00 a.m. Central time, 11: 00 a.m. on the East Coast, tomorrow morning.’
- ‘A small part of Oregon is on Mountain time, and the Florida panhandle is on Central time, just one hour off.’
- ‘Barnett offered an on-the-spot Election Day legal opinion about what to do when poll workers inadvertently opened the polls at 7 a.m. Central time, an hour too early according to the law.’
- ‘The Northern Alliance Radio Network will then be available world-wide on Saturday afternoons, 12-3 p.m., Central time.’
- ‘We got word just a little while ago that the judges will announce a verdict here tomorrow morning, 11: 00 a.m. Central time.’
- ‘Since it is due into Chicago at 10: 26 AM Central time, this was exactly the time we should have already been in Chicago Union Station.’
- ‘Since my body was still operating on Eastern Standard time, even though I was in the Central time zone, I told her to go ahead and ready the room for nighttime.’
- ‘All times expressed from here to this point in our return trip will be in Central Daylight Time (although in this part of Indiana, it's actually Eastern Standard Time).’
- ‘At 2: 12 p.m. Central time, the Packers' last selection of the draft, in the sixth round, is announced.’
- ‘This is similar to much of Texas, which should (by longitude) be mostly in the Mountain time zone instead of the Central time zone.’
- ‘Indiana, which dubs itself the ‘crossroads of America,’ is surrounded by four states that are divided between the Eastern and Central time zones.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.