One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A locking system in a motor vehicle that enables the locks of all doors to be operated simultaneously by a single person.
- ‘Specification includes power steering, remote central locking, single CD player, driver and front passenger air bags, air conditioning, alarm and electric front windows.’
- ‘Specification has been improved and twin front air bags, power steering, electric front windows and central locking all come as part of the package.’
- ‘There is dual power setting for the steering, a multi-adjustable steering wheel, remote central locking, front electric windows, electrically heated door mirrors and so on down a long list.’
- ‘An elegant red Fiat Punto, with central locking, power steering and passenger air bags fitted as standard, was today in collision with a cow on the A64.’
- ‘Both ‘Sprite’ and ‘Select’ have power steering, remote central locking, a tachometer and a CD / Tuner.’
- ‘Along with all other Hyundais, the Getz comes with a five-year unlimited mileage warranty and features ABS, central locking, CD player, power steering, air bags and immobiliser as standard.’
- ‘Safety and luxury equipment levels are high - all models come with an eight-speaker radio / CD player, powered seats, cruise control, central locking and multi-zone climate control.’
- ‘At last, the WRX has remote central locking and cruise control as well as standard air-conditioning, an aluminium bonnet, 17 inch five spoke alloy wheels and a rather less aggressive rear spoiler.’
- ‘Once there he activated the car's central locking system and climbed into the back seat.’
- ‘With remote-controlled - or driver's door - operated central locking this is not possible.’
- ‘In addition, to protect driver and cargo the vehicle incorporates an automatic central locking system which activates once it is in motion.’
- ‘After a few seconds, the penny dropped - the local importer had fitted an alarm that was not integrated into the car's standard central locking system.’
- ‘The GL features remote central locking and alarm, height-adjustable headlamps, protective rear window grille, a rear step and steering column adjustment as standard.’
- ‘The test car came in the Comfort version, which includes rev counter, central locking and electric front windows.’
- ‘This car also has Renault's new keyless central locking and ignition system, in which all the functions usually operated by key are carried out by a special card.’
- ‘The only criticism I had about the cab, which incidentally featured efficient air conditioning, was that the vehicle didn't have central locking, remote or otherwise.’
- ‘Equipment levels are good on all models and even entry-level Stilos come with antilock braking, remote control central locking, six air bags and front fog lights.’
- ‘Standard features include alloy wheels, air-con, central locking, alarm/immobiliser, driver and passenger air bags, traction control, ABS brakes and CD player.’
- ‘Standard equipment includes climate-control air conditioning with additional vents to the rear seats, remote central locking, electric windows, and electrically-adjustable and heated door mirrors.’
- ‘Standard steering was rack and pinion and I was surprised how heavy it was to park: I recommend the power pack option, which includes central locking, power steering and power front windows.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.