One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A locking system in a motor vehicle that enables the locks of all doors to be operated simultaneously by a single person.
- ‘Equipment levels are good on all models and even entry-level Stilos come with antilock braking, remote control central locking, six air bags and front fog lights.’
- ‘An elegant red Fiat Punto, with central locking, power steering and passenger air bags fitted as standard, was today in collision with a cow on the A64.’
- ‘There is dual power setting for the steering, a multi-adjustable steering wheel, remote central locking, front electric windows, electrically heated door mirrors and so on down a long list.’
- ‘The only criticism I had about the cab, which incidentally featured efficient air conditioning, was that the vehicle didn't have central locking, remote or otherwise.’
- ‘At last, the WRX has remote central locking and cruise control as well as standard air-conditioning, an aluminium bonnet, 17 inch five spoke alloy wheels and a rather less aggressive rear spoiler.’
- ‘Standard steering was rack and pinion and I was surprised how heavy it was to park: I recommend the power pack option, which includes central locking, power steering and power front windows.’
- ‘Specification has been improved and twin front air bags, power steering, electric front windows and central locking all come as part of the package.’
- ‘In addition, to protect driver and cargo the vehicle incorporates an automatic central locking system which activates once it is in motion.’
- ‘Specification includes power steering, remote central locking, single CD player, driver and front passenger air bags, air conditioning, alarm and electric front windows.’
- ‘After a few seconds, the penny dropped - the local importer had fitted an alarm that was not integrated into the car's standard central locking system.’
- ‘Along with all other Hyundais, the Getz comes with a five-year unlimited mileage warranty and features ABS, central locking, CD player, power steering, air bags and immobiliser as standard.’
- ‘Standard features include alloy wheels, air-con, central locking, alarm/immobiliser, driver and passenger air bags, traction control, ABS brakes and CD player.’
- ‘With remote-controlled - or driver's door - operated central locking this is not possible.’
- ‘Both ‘Sprite’ and ‘Select’ have power steering, remote central locking, a tachometer and a CD / Tuner.’
- ‘The test car came in the Comfort version, which includes rev counter, central locking and electric front windows.’
- ‘Standard equipment includes climate-control air conditioning with additional vents to the rear seats, remote central locking, electric windows, and electrically-adjustable and heated door mirrors.’
- ‘The GL features remote central locking and alarm, height-adjustable headlamps, protective rear window grille, a rear step and steering column adjustment as standard.’
- ‘This car also has Renault's new keyless central locking and ignition system, in which all the functions usually operated by key are carried out by a special card.’
- ‘Once there he activated the car's central locking system and climbed into the back seat.’
- ‘Safety and luxury equipment levels are high - all models come with an eight-speaker radio / CD player, powered seats, cruise control, central locking and multi-zone climate control.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.