A metric unit of capacity, equal to one hundredth of a liter.
- ‘All you might need is one three-litre box of white and one of red, equivalent to eight 75 - centilitre bottles.’
- ‘Pick a bottle from all the other choices on the supermarket shelf and you get not only 70 centilitres of strong liquor, but, more than with any other product, you buy an image.’
- ‘There were signs all over, for 50 and 70 centiliter paper cups.’
- ‘We also had un pot lyonnais, a 46 centilitre bottle of local red wine.’
- ‘Street vendors in the French capital were doing a roaring trade in bottled water, selling 25 centilitre bottles for €2 each to hordes of thirsty tourists in front of the Sacre Coeur basilica.’