Relating to division into hundredths.
- ‘In this method a single pellet dose of the centesimal potency is used as long as the patient is improving even in the slightest manner.’
- ‘We therefore calculated this variable as the difference between mean breeding latitude and mean wintering latitude (in centesimal degrees).’
- ‘Most classical homeopathic practitioners use the centesimal scale of potencies, although a few use the millesimal.’
- ‘In the centesimal system of potentisation, one drop of the raw material is diluted or dissolved in 99 drops of the dilutant.’
- ‘As a rule it is sufficient to give per day three doses of 5 drops of the 6th centesimal potency.’
Early 19th century: from Latin centesimus hundredth from centum a hundred.