One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A person or thing that excites everyone's interest or concern.‘the bride was the centre of attention’
highlight, main feature, high point, high spot, best part, climaxView synonyms
- ‘He loved being at the centre of attention and everyone was talking about him at his funeral.’
- ‘In fact, he was in top shape and the centre of attention as usual.’
- ‘What is more, it belongs in that particular niche of the crime-fiction genre in which the puzzle is the overwhelming centre of attention.’
- ‘O'Neill, unwittingly, was the centre of attention at a gathering designed to begin his new era with the media on friendly terms.’
- ‘He's a comic, for starters: it's a calling predicated on making oneself the centre of attention.’
- ‘He won't be the centre of attention any more, and he may not like that, but there will be that consolation of playing in the Champions League.’
- ‘Secretly, she liked when everyone looked at her - she loved being the center of attention.’
- ‘She liked to be the centre of attention just for one day.’
- ‘Most geeks are introverted; they don't want to be the centre of attention.’
- ‘Kayla turned around, always excited at the prospect of being the center of attention.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.