One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A mode of automatic light metering in a camera that compensates for differences in the brightness of the central and peripheral portions of the image.
- ‘Variable center-weighted metering and a choice of five spot meters are available, as are exposure compensation, and auto exposure bracketing.’
- ‘Partial metering is similar, except it covers a larger patch of the scene, but not as much as center-weighted metering.’
- ‘These cameras also contain basic center-weighted metering as well as spot metering, with spot metering being a more sensitive area than center-weighted (similar to a 1º spot meter).’
- ‘Other than if you have a specific reason to use center-weighted metering, you're probably better off generally using matrix metering in favour of center-weighted metering.’
- ‘On the other hand, the results produced by center-weighted metering are very predictable, whereas matrix and evaluative metering modes have complicated algorithms which are harder to predict.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.