One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Many reject nonfiction prose (biographies, autobiographies, documentaries, etc.) censoriously on the grounds that the works are legendary, mythical and/or apocryphal.’
- ‘Twenty years later, when his brief essay was collected, he asked the editor to note that he now viewed Kipling ‘less censoriously and with more affectionate admiration.’’
- ‘Scattered disapproving murmurs buzzed around the classroom, the pupils shaking their head censoriously.’
- ‘‘Advertisers, don't be ignorant,’ he warns censoriously.’
- ‘Now, extra marital affairs are regarded much more censoriously than homosexuality.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.