One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Of the nature of cement.
- ‘Terratop is a cementitious terrazzo topping that bridges the gap between thick-build cementitious terrazzo and the thinner but more difficult to work epoxy terrazzo.’
- ‘Introduced in the late 1970s, Air Krete, a cementitious foam product containing magnesium oxide, is one of the few insulation products that chemically sensitive individuals seem to tolerate.’
- ‘Addition of A.R. to cementitious grouts, combined with superplasticizer, modifies their rheological properties resulting in the enhancement of their penetrability and the grout propagation into the soil mass.’
- ‘Add any of a number of admixtures or supplementary cementitious materials, and again you alter the nature of the concrete.’
- ‘The bond is achieved by applying a cementitious grout around the strands.’
- ‘Clayey gravel or gravel, and crushed igneous rocks are commonly used as pavement materials, and cementitious binders are the main stabilising agents.’
- ‘To do that, we used estimates of the percentage of cement used in ready-mixed concrete, the cementitious materials content per cubic yard of concrete, and the proportion of Portland cement and fly ash in the cementitious material.’
- ‘One rapidly growing industry that will have an impact on business is supplemental, cementitious products like slag cement.’
- ‘Manufacturers are examining ways of using cementitious or fibrous core insulating materials in place of the plastic insulations.’
- ‘The interior walls have three coats of cementitious Portland cement plasters.’
- ‘Water, which weighs about 7.8 pounds per gallon, should equal approximately half the weight of the cementitious material (cement and lime) in the mix.’
- ‘We conducted RCPT on a rapid-setting repair grout consisting of pre-blended cementitious material.’
- ‘This paper has largely presented many of the developments and outstanding issues encountered with the characterisation of in situ cementitious stabilisation of pavement materials.’
- ‘It was agreed that all the available evidence indicates that the Armouralia beading was fixed with dabs, probably of cementitious undercoat render, rather than being mechanically fixed.’
- ‘Air-Krete is a magnesium silicate, cementitious (cement-based) insulation that is foamed and pumped into closed cavities.’
- ‘Why must we mix Portland cement with other cementitious materials?’
- ‘In some parts of the world sugar is still commonly used to retard the set of mortar and other cementitious products.’
- ‘Does the scope of PCA have to broaden to include all cementitious materials, or should it just stick to Portland cement?’
- ‘Various stabilizers for the adobes themselves have been developed, with most, however, relying on cementitious or asphalt-based compounds.’
- ‘Composed of encapsulated cementitious grout, the product can be used underwater, in overhead applications, in cold temperatures, or in any application where you require an anchor in concrete.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.