Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A window blind with a single or double layer of collapsible voids that provide insulation when the blind is extended.
- ‘I ordered cellular blinds from your company in last month and have just installed them.’
- ‘We did install a new cellular blind in the living room last night, so I'm happy now that we'll be able to actually see the tv mid afternoon on any given sunny day.’
- ‘I have ordered 8 cellular blinds from blinds.com over the last 2 months, and they arrived in a timely fashion.’
- ‘As an added bonus, our cellular blinds will protect against extreme temperatures, saving you money on heating and cooling costs and ensuring that your family is comfortable during the night.’
- ‘I have to say that the quality of my cellular blind is great.’
- ‘This is especially true if you are trying to install motorized extra wide cellular blinds by yourself.’
- ‘Pleated shades are a great alternative to cellular blinds or roller shades if you are working within a tight budget.’
- ‘How do I mount my cellular blinds with extension brackets and how do they clip on?’
- ‘Made from non-woven fabric, cellular blinds keep the harmful ultraviolet rays of the sun away.’
- ‘Our cellular blinds are available in several pleat sizes and in a full spectrum of colors.’
- ‘It filters the light and provides complete privacy much like a cellular blind.’
- ‘Today I ordered one 71 ‘x46’ 1/2’ cellular blind in the solid cotton color for my Mother's bedroom.’
- ‘Just wanted to thank you for all your help with the order of my cellular blinds.’
- ‘The most common and standard option for the cellular blind or honeycomb shade is where it just goes up and down.’
- ‘In the case of our window treatments, custom cellular blinds represent the perfect, while 2-inch faux wood blinds represent the good.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.