One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
One of a set of units in a mathematical model that have simple rules governing their replication and destruction. They are used to model complex systems composed of simple units such as living things or parallel processors.
- ‘The paper supports the idea that cellular automata, or simple computer simulations, could serve as flexible tools in a range of fields, says Karl Sigmund of the University of Vienna.’
- ‘The behavior of leaf pores resembles that of mathematical systems known as cellular automata.’
- ‘Leaving behind the theme of cellular automata, he studies Turing machines and grammar-driven systems where substitution rules allow a string of symbols to grow and change.’
- ‘It is difficult to convey the intricacy and dynamism of even the simplest cellular automaton with a verbal description or even with static diagrams.’
- ‘You don't get relativity by designing a cellular automaton to model Newtonian collisions.’
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.