Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cell culture developed from a single cell and therefore consisting of cells with a uniform genetic makeup.
- ‘Triamcinolone appeared to be the best inducer for the transgenic cell line investigated here.’
- ‘This cell line detects a wide variety of mutagenic lesions, including point mutations, deletions and various types of chromosomal aberrations.’
- ‘Several of the changes occurred for both transformed and normal cell lines and were greater for the normal cell line.’
- ‘One cell line responded to genotoxins and the other cell line responded to cytotoxins.’
- ‘When a damaged cell is unable to repair itself, an aberrant cell line, or malignancy, may result.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.