One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Denoting the aspect of an immune response involving the action of white blood cells, rather than that of circulating antibodies.Often contrasted with humoral
- ‘Sarcoidosis is considered to be a hypersensitivity disorder, in which an antigen induces a T cell-mediated cellular immune response.’
- ‘The immune system mounts a cell-mediated reaction in which macrophages attach to the outer walls of the bacteria for active phagocytosis.’
- ‘HIV infection primarily affects those components of host immune response responsible for cell-mediated immunity.’
- ‘Smaller, isolated aggregations of lymphoid cells are also observed in the airway wall and may play a role in antigen uptake and cell-mediated immune responses.’
- ‘In the present study, we also observed that lymphocytes, the mediators of the cell-mediated immune response, are noted more frequently around Fas-positive but not Fas-negative cells.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.