Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A disease in which the small intestine is hypersensitive to gluten, leading to difficulty in digesting food.→ sprue
- ‘I have celiac disease and must avoid gluten, which is found in anything with wheat, rye, barley and oats.’
- ‘Cystic fibrosis, chronic liver disease, and celiac disease are conditions that limit the body's ability to absorb nutrients.’
- ‘For millions of people, a diagnosis of celiac disease could explain mysterious symptoms and put an end to suffering.’
- ‘Do many of the patients thought to have irritable bowel syndrome actually have celiac disease?’
- ‘The following year, he was diagnosed with celiac disease - intolerance to gluten in food that results in intestinal and other disorders.’
celiac disease/ˈsēlēˌak dəˌzēz/
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.