One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disease in which the small intestine is hypersensitive to gluten, leading to difficulty in digesting food.
- ‘Cystic fibrosis, chronic liver disease, and celiac disease are conditions that limit the body's ability to absorb nutrients.’
- ‘For millions of people, a diagnosis of celiac disease could explain mysterious symptoms and put an end to suffering.’
- ‘The following year, he was diagnosed with celiac disease - intolerance to gluten in food that results in intestinal and other disorders.’
- ‘I have celiac disease and must avoid gluten, which is found in anything with wheat, rye, barley and oats.’
- ‘Do many of the patients thought to have irritable bowel syndrome actually have celiac disease?’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.