One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A disease in which the small intestine is hypersensitive to gluten, leading to difficulty in digesting food.
- ‘The following year, he was diagnosed with celiac disease - intolerance to gluten in food that results in intestinal and other disorders.’
- ‘Do many of the patients thought to have irritable bowel syndrome actually have celiac disease?’
- ‘I have celiac disease and must avoid gluten, which is found in anything with wheat, rye, barley and oats.’
- ‘For millions of people, a diagnosis of celiac disease could explain mysterious symptoms and put an end to suffering.’
- ‘Cystic fibrosis, chronic liver disease, and celiac disease are conditions that limit the body's ability to absorb nutrients.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.