One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device for measuring and recording the height of clouds.
- ‘We made simultaneous observations with ceilometer and radar for one hour on all 30 nights with suitable weather from 28 August to 10 October 1992, starting one hour after civil sunset.’
- ‘The distribution of all track directions observed with radar and ceilometers for all sites was bimodal with similar numbers of birds moving southsoutheast and southwest.’
- ‘Arrivals and departures of birds inferred from our diurnal visual census were clearly related to nocturnal flight behavior as observed with ceilometers and radar.’
- ‘Numbers of birds detected with radar and ceilometers were highly correlated with each other, but were not significantly correlated with numbers of birds netted the next morning.’
- ‘The combination of high-resolution radar, ceilometers, and daily ground counts at multiple sites provided a view of autumnal migration through complex topography at a resolution not previously attained in North America.’
- ‘Changes in diurnal census data were associated with specific patterns of nocturnal migratory behavior observed by radar and ceilometer.’
- ‘Radar and ceilometers revealed large numbers of migrants passing through our study area.’
- ‘Direction and density of nocturnal migrants detected with radar and ceilometers were compared with changes in species counts from daily censuses.’
- ‘Our ceilometer observations of large numbers of birds near crests of ridges are particularly relevant in that regard.’
- ‘The lasers are also built into laser ceilometers that measure cloud height.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.