One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device for measuring and recording the height of clouds.
- ‘Our ceilometer observations of large numbers of birds near crests of ridges are particularly relevant in that regard.’
- ‘Changes in diurnal census data were associated with specific patterns of nocturnal migratory behavior observed by radar and ceilometer.’
- ‘Arrivals and departures of birds inferred from our diurnal visual census were clearly related to nocturnal flight behavior as observed with ceilometers and radar.’
- ‘The distribution of all track directions observed with radar and ceilometers for all sites was bimodal with similar numbers of birds moving southsoutheast and southwest.’
- ‘The combination of high-resolution radar, ceilometers, and daily ground counts at multiple sites provided a view of autumnal migration through complex topography at a resolution not previously attained in North America.’
- ‘Radar and ceilometers revealed large numbers of migrants passing through our study area.’
- ‘We made simultaneous observations with ceilometer and radar for one hour on all 30 nights with suitable weather from 28 August to 10 October 1992, starting one hour after civil sunset.’
- ‘The lasers are also built into laser ceilometers that measure cloud height.’
- ‘Numbers of birds detected with radar and ceilometers were highly correlated with each other, but were not significantly correlated with numbers of birds netted the next morning.’
- ‘Direction and density of nocturnal migrants detected with radar and ceilometers were compared with changes in species counts from daily censuses.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.