One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
The basic monetary unit of Ghana, equal to 100 pesewas.
- ‘The cedi dropped 12 cents against the U.S. dollar and 83 cents against the pound at the end of April.’
- ‘Though they account for just two per cent of the Kuapa farmers’ total business, the $150 premium goes a long way in Ghana where the cedi is so devalued.’
- ‘Non-Ghanaian nationals pay ten times more than Ghanaian nationals: ten thousand cedis (approximately four dollars) instead of one thousand cedis (approximately forty cents).’
- ‘Ashanti Goldfields was one of the big winners, ending the week at more than 28,000 cedis.’
- ‘Buyers look at the conversion table posted near the cards to find the price in cedis.’
Of Ghanaian origin, perhaps an alteration of shilling.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.