A North American waxwing.
- ‘Offerings of oranges, apples and grapes may attract orioles, as well as cedar waxwings, mockingbirds and cardinals.’
- ‘Female plants produce berries that sustain birds including cedar waxwings, finches, mockingbirds, thrushes, and woodpeckers.’
- ‘Fitzgerald et al. documented ethanol toxicosis in cedar waxwings that had been feeding on fermenting hawthorn fruits.’
- ‘At this point the robins just simply disappeared, as did the cedar waxwing, the hermit thrush, and the fox sparrow.’
- ‘American holly trees are a major food source for winter-migrating flacks of small birds such as the cedar waxwing and American goldfinch, and stands of hollies are an important fast food stop in their migrations.’