One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A North American waxwing.
- ‘Offerings of oranges, apples and grapes may attract orioles, as well as cedar waxwings, mockingbirds and cardinals.’
- ‘At this point the robins just simply disappeared, as did the cedar waxwing, the hermit thrush, and the fox sparrow.’
- ‘Fitzgerald et al. documented ethanol toxicosis in cedar waxwings that had been feeding on fermenting hawthorn fruits.’
- ‘American holly trees are a major food source for winter-migrating flacks of small birds such as the cedar waxwing and American goldfinch, and stands of hollies are an important fast food stop in their migrations.’
- ‘Female plants produce berries that sustain birds including cedar waxwings, finches, mockingbirds, thrushes, and woodpeckers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.