One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A device for producing a compact disc by copying from an original or master copy.
- ‘Just two years ago, only 13 percent copied it onto a portable device or a CD burner.’
- ‘Now we're back with a new scanner and a new CD burner, so there may be a more multimedia feel to what comes out of West Odd Productions in the next few months.’
- ‘The easiest method is to download the CD image, burn a copy with a CD burner and boot the new Koha server from the CD.’
- ‘A CD burner transfers the MP3 audio files to a standard compact disc, but these start at around $400, too costly for most teens.’
- ‘I've brought my CD burner in and I'm copying Dreamcast games’
- ‘It's true, I also have a CD burner, blank CDs, music and a car.’
- ‘‘A lot of people think there's something unethical about their CD burner, and that's just not true,’ says Gateway spokesman Brad Williams.’
- ‘The other day I finally replaced my 4 year old, badly broken and dead CD burner with a new model.’
- ‘The MP3, combined with a CD burner or MP3 player, allows them to bypass what the industry is shoving down their throat and allows them to make their own choices about the music they listen to.’
- ‘No more excuses for not having a burned copy of important files and directories because the CD burner is on a remote system, and it's inconvenient transferring the files.’
- ‘I just got a CD burner, so I can participate in the next Burn-It!’
- ‘I made my first CD in 2000 after purchasing a CD burner - I use it in analogue recording style. I first work 2 then 3 cassette decks into a mixer and into the CD burner.’
- ‘If your computer lacks a CD burner but has a USB or a FireWire port, you can add an external CD burner to your computer.’
- ‘You sure know how to make a girl wish she had a CD burner!’
- ‘It is estimated that over 3 million Canadians have used a CD burner to copy music.’
- ‘I even felt competent when I installed a CD burner.’
- ‘Gen put something new on his machine, and maybe his CD burner is working now.’
- ‘To play back the commentary, you'll either need a portable mp3 player, a computer with mp3 playback that you can listen to while you watch the film or a CD burner and player.’
- ‘When I bought a car with a CD player in it, and then followed that up with a computer with a CD burner, it totally changed the way I listen to music.’
- ‘Add a few cents to the cost of every blank disk, throw in a few dollars for every CD burner, and suddenly you have $1 billion or so to pay to artists, writers, and publishers in the exact proportions specified by the Napster servers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.