One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Charge-coupled device, a high-speed semiconductor used chiefly in image detection.
- ‘Microscopes have even entered the digital age, using charge-coupled devices and digital cameras to capture images.’
- ‘One award goes to the Waterhouse Lane imaging group which uses charge-coupled devices to reduce the need for dental X-rays.’
- ‘Two-dimensional diffraction patterns were recorded using a high-sensitivity charge-coupled device detector.’
- ‘All images were captured digitally using a SenSys charge-coupled device camera (Roper Scientific, Tucson, AZ) attached to an Olympus BX60 epifluorescence microscope.’
- ‘Since George Smith and Williard Boyle developed the first charge-coupled device at Bell Labs in 1969, futurists and scientists have imagined an infinite number of uses for electronic imaging.’
2Confraternity of Christian Doctrine.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.