One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘Of course, there will always be naysayers in this world, the sort of petty cavillers, who enjoy criticizing folks like Mark.’
- ‘Almost three years on, the carpers and cavillers are still complaining about the huge sums extracted from the telcos in the European 3G spectrum auctions.’
- ‘Frank Hadden has certainly had his detractors down the years, but even his most stringent caviller would have to admit that this is a man who has served his time.’
- ‘Have these cavillers an intellect superior to Newton's own?’
- ‘We don't need any more headstrong, litigious lawyers; we've been groaning under the weight of carpers and cavillers for years.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.