Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A small colorless fish that lives only in limestone caves in North America. It has reduced or absent eyes, and the head and body are covered with papillae that are sensitive to vibration.Also called blindfish
- ‘Southern cavefish are important members of their ecosystems and important research subjects for understanding evolution in extreme environments.’
- ‘The Ozark cavefish and Ozark cave crayfish seem to be stable, although actual population sizes are unknown.’
- ‘Closed as a tourist attraction in 1943, Horse Cave has been successfully restored, even luring back the rare blind cavefish.’
- ‘Researchers work in the dark caves where the Ozark cavefish evolved with no eyes.’
- ‘When the Ozark cavefish was listed as endangered in 1984, over collection was listed as one of the primary threats.’
Are you looking for a word for a foolish person? We explore twelve interesting words to describe the dunderheads in your life.
Before you run for the hills, let’s run through a list of ‘run’ expressions that are running through our minds.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.