One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A Spanish sparkling wine made in the same way as champagne.
champagne, sparkling wineView synonyms
- ‘This vintage cava has raspberry and cranberry notes with a refreshing citrus zest.’
- ‘Good bubblies are made in California, too, and the prices generally fall between the inexpensive Spanish cavas and the French nonvintage brut champagnes.’
- ‘Italian prosecco, Spanish cava, or American sparkling wines are sometimes the best buys on a wine list.’
- ‘After all, champagne and cava are two of my favourite things, and I've been assured that they've got it in abundance at the party.’
- ‘Spanish cava, produced just outside Barcelona, was until the early 1970s labelled and sold as cheap champagne in the UK.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.